Media & Technology
Technology is widely used at BCA at every level of learning. Our elementary and Upper School Divisions each have their own media center and dedicated media specialist. Each classroom is equipped with an interactive whiteboard, sound system, and high-speed internet access.
In our elementary program, iPads in every classroom allow teachers to draw upon a wide array of technology-based instructional strategies and applications. Students have access to our online library system, several research databases, IXL Math & Language, MAP assessments, and much more.
JH and HS students all participate in our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program. We give students widely flexible options in choosing the type of device they bring to class as noted below. As a school, we have invested in a robust infrastructure to ensure plenty of internet access availability thereby sustaining the high demand of our technology-active classrooms. We have also invested in the research databases and productivity applications students need to create, collaborate, communicate, and critically solve problems. Each BCA student/parent is given free access to the follow tools:
- Microsoft Office 365 including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, and OneNote
- A Microsoft student email account
- Schoology (our learning management system)
- FACTS (our student information system)
- turnitin.com (for submitting papers that are checked for originality and allow teachers to give valuable writing feedback)
- Gale (sophisticated research databases to access scholarly articles and journals)
- IXL Math
- And More...