Dual Enrollment (DE- formerly Move On When Ready)
Why take DE courses?
- Get a jump-start on earning college credit.
- Take courses that are academically challenging
- Gives the opportunity to acclimate yourself to the college atmosphere and schedule while still in high school.
Gain an edge in college preparation
- Enrich your high school experience.
- Learn to navigate college classes and a new physical and online environment.
- Must be accepted into a college
- Test Scores- SAT, ACT, or Placement Test
- GPA meets college requirement
- Complete the college application
- No BCA scheduling conflicts
- Know your transfer equivalences for colleges/universities AND majors. Not every school takes DE credits.
- It is the responsibility of students & parents to ensure DE courses transfer to the students’ college or university of choice.
Approved DE Course Opportunities
EN 101 Composition
EN 102 Composition and Lit
HI 101 World History I
HI 201 American History I
MA 102 College Algebra
MA 116 Precalculus
MA 200 Statistics
PO 101 American Government
PY 210 Psychology
SO 210 Sociology
SP 101 Into to Spanish I
SP 102 Intro to Spanish II